Looking Glass 16"
First, let's unbox your 16".
If you need advanced support or assistance with setting up your Looking Glass 16", please email us at email@example.com
What's in the Box
- 1 x Looking Glass 16"
- 1 x Desktop Mount Plate
- 1 x Power Supply w/ US/JP or ROW Blades
- 1 x HDMI Cable - 55" / 1.39m
- 1 x USB-C to USB-A Cable - 55" / 1.39m
- 2 x Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth
- 1 x Carrying Case - Soft Pack
- Weight 5.7lb / 2.6kg
- Size 14.6" x 3.0" x 9.3"
370mm x 76mm x 236mm
Please clean your Looking Glass 16" only with the included microfiber cloths. Do not clean with other cleaning agents or rubbing alcohol as this will damage the front surface of the display.
Attaching the Baseplate
- Place the Looking Glass 16" face down on a soft surface such as card board.
Note: The 16" weighs 5.7 lbs / 2.6kg
- Orient the baseplate with the four (4) foot pads facing out. Align the two (2) slots in the plate with the two (2) screws.
- Place the baseplate onto the screws. Slide the plate down to lock it into place - "click".
Removing the Base Plate
Connecting the Looking Glass 16" to your Computer
For best performance, please ensure that your PC meets the following minimum recommended performance:
- HDMI 2.0 connector
- Output 2840 x 2160 resolution at 60fps
- GPU RTX 2070 or above recommended
- CPU i5 of above
- RAM 16GB or above
- SSD 256GB or above
- Connect the power cable to a power outlet
▶ Choose your provided electrical blade and attach it to the provided power supply
▶ Plug the power supply into an electrical outlet and into the Looking Glass 16" Power Port
- Connect the cables
▶ Connect the provided HDMI cable to your computer's HDMI port and to the HDMI Port on the Looking Glass 16"
▶ Connect the provided USB cable to your computer USB port and to the USB C Port on the Looking Glass 16"
- Turn the Looking Glass 16" ON
▶ Press the ON/OFF switch
Typically we recommend using the Looking Glass 16" with a windows PC, however you can also run it on MacOS and Linux systems. Once you've got your Looking Glass connected please open the settings app and make sure your Looking Glass system is set to extended mode in your display settings.
Now, let's download Bridge
Looking Glass Bridge facilitates communication between your computer and any connected Looking Glass devices. It's required to view holograms on the internet, run Looking Glass applications, and use development tools - so let's download and test it before we continue!
We hope you've enjoyed your experience so far! If you're looking for what to do next checkout some of our creator tools below! We've got great plugins for unity and unreal, as well as an amazing add-on for Blender. A world of creativity awaits, we can't wait to see what you make!
If you'd like to try out some other desktop based applications please check out our documentation page here.
If you've had any trouble getting started, please email us. We're here to help!