Terms and Conditions
VOLUME, VOLUME SUPER BUNDLE & VOLUME X PRE-ORDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated: September 27, 2016
These Pre-Order Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern the placing of pre-orders (“Pre-Order”) with Looking Glass Factory, Inc. (“Looking Glass” “we” or “us”) for Volume, Volume Super Bundle and/or Volume X (“Product”). Please read these Terms carefully before submitting your Pre-Order for the Product. By submitting your Pre-Order, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms.
As explained in these Terms in more detail:
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE TERMS CONTAIN PROVISIONS GOVERNING HOW CLAIMS THAT YOU AND WE HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED. IN PARTICULAR, IT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, REQUIRE DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE SUBMITTED TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND (2) YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON YOUR CLAIMS. (See Section 19)
- ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PRE-ORDER WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS AGREEMENT.
- By submitting your Pre-Order, you are offering to purchase a Product from us. We may reject your offer and refund the Purchase Price (as defined below). (See Section 1)
- Specifications for our Products may change from the specifications currently published on our website. (See Section 4)
- The Product is being sold before it is ready to ship. While we will make every effort to ship in the timeframe described on our purchase page, shipping of the Products may be delayed for unforeseen reasons. (See Section 5)
- Any warranty we make available for our Products will be published before we accept your offer to purchase the Product, and you will have the opportunity to rescind your offer and receive a full refund of the Purchase Price if the warranty terms are not to your liking. (See Section 12)
- By purchasing the Product, you understand that the Product is a Developer’s Edition designed for developers, artists, inventors, and creators and is not intended for general consumer use.
- By purchasing the Product, you understand that Volume is intended for indoor use and will not live up to its full glory in sunlight.
- You may receive a full refund until we ship. Estimated shipping is scheduled for April 2017.
- Looking Glass’s liability is limited. (See Sections 1, 13, and 14)
- Volume is a patent-pending technology owned by Looking Glass, with multiple patents pending worldwide. For all the inventors out there: Patents do not prevent individual non-commercial experimentation and are actually designed to encourage this. If you have any questions about our patent portfolio, please email us.
- Pre-Order and Acceptance. Each Pre-Order you submit for a Product constitutes an offer to purchase that Product. Pre-Orders are complete when you provide your payment information to us. Completed Pre-Orders are subject to Looking Glass’s acceptance and may be rejected at any time prior to shipping and for any reason at Looking Glass’s discretion. If Looking Glass rejects your offer, Looking Glass will, as your sole and exclusive remedy and Looking Glass’s sole and exclusive liability, refund the Purchase Price as described in Section 4. Looking Glass will send an email to you at the email address provided by you once Products are shipping to indicate whether your Pre-Order has been accepted or rejected. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding Looking Glass’s Pre-Order acceptance policy, or if you believe that your Pre-Order was rejected in error, please contact Looking Glass at email@example.com. When you place a Pre-Order for the Product, you may be required to provide additional information, such as your address and billing information. You represent and warrant that all such information is accurate, and you shall ensure that such information is kept current. Looking Glass shall have no responsibility or liability for inaccurate information or information that later becomes outdated and shall have no obligation to make efforts to determine the correct contact or shipping information. You can update your information at any time prior to shipment of the Product by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to offer to purchase a Product. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that you are at least 18 years old. If you are offering to purchase a Product on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of that organization.
- Payment. You will be charged the purchase price for the Product, including shipping charges and certain taxes (see Section 7), (the “Purchase Price”) at the time you place your Pre-Order for the Product. Your placing of the Pre-Order constitutes your express agreement for Looking Glass to charge your provided payment method at such time. Payment does not guarantee acceptance of your Pre-Order.
- Specifications; Refunds. You acknowledge and agree that the specifications for the Products may change prior to shipping. If you request a refund at any time before we accept your Pre-Order, we will refund the Purchase Price. Once we have accepted your offer, the policy in the immediately preceding sentence no longer applies. Instead, Looking Glass’s refund policy and limited warranty (“Limited Warranty”) will apply. The Looking Glass refund policy will be published on the Looking Glass website at the time when Looking Glass begins shipping Products (“Refund Policy”). For further information on Looking Glass’s Limited Warranty , please see Section 12 of these Terms. Once you place your Pre-Order, the Pre-Order is final, non-cancelable, and nonrefundable, except as specified in these Terms and in the FTC Rules (defined below) incorporated herein by reference.
- Shipping. The Product is being sold before it is ready to ship. The Product is expected to be ready to ship by April 30, 2017 (the “Estimated Shipment Date”). If the Product will not be available to ship by the Estimated Shipment Date, 16 CFR Part 435 rules (the “FTC Rules”) require Looking Glass to offer you the choice of either a refund or to wait until a new expected ship date. See the FTC Rules for full details regarding Looking Glass’s legal obligations http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title16/16cfr435_main_02.tpl. If shipping costs for an accepted Pre-Order are higher than the shipping costs you paid at the time that you placed your Pre-Order, Looking Glass may, in its sole discretion, require you to pay additional shipping fees or to accept a refund of the Purchase Price.
- Transfer of Risk and Title. Risk of loss of the Product passes to you on Looking Glass’s delivery of the Product to the carrier, and you are responsible for any loss or damage to the Product from that point. Claims against a carrier for damage during shipping are your responsibility.
- Taxes. All import duties, taxes, and other charges are not included in the Product price or shipping cost. These charges are your responsibility. Please check with your state and country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to completing your pre-order.
- Export Control. You acknowledge that Products may be subject to export control laws and other laws and regulations of the United States and other countries, and that if Looking Glass ships a Product to you, the Product may be impounded or otherwise confiscated by customs or other authorities. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable export control laws and regulations. You represent that you will not export, re-export, or transfer indirectly or directly any Product outside of the United States without obtaining proper authorization from the applicable government agencies. Without limiting the immediately preceding sentence, you will not export, re-export, or transfer directly or indirectly any Product to: (i) an embargoed/terrorist supporting country, including Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, or any other such country as determined by the US government; (ii) a person or entity barred by the US Government on export activity lists, including persons or entities on the Treasury Department Specially Designated National List, Entities List, and Denied Persons List; or (iii) any destination for an end use that is prohibited by applicable law. You will defend and hold Looking Glass harmless against all claims, damages, or liability resulting from breach of the foregoing.
- Use of the Product; Looking Glass Service. You represent that the Product you have offered to purchase is for your own use and not for resale. Use of the Product may be subject to local laws, regulations, and ordinances in your jurisdiction, including air quality laws, noise control laws, and other health and safety laws. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws. It is your responsibility to determine whether your use of the Product complies with local laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you do not have sufficient information to determine whether your use of the Product will comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, then you should not place a Pre-Order for the Product. If you rescind your offer prior to our acceptance of it, we will refund to you the Purchase Price.
- Intellectual Property. Looking Glass and its licensors own all intellectual property rights in the Products. Your use of the Product will be subject to patents issued and pending and other additional license terms and restrictions that will be provided together with the Product. Looking Glass reserves all rights in and to the Products not granted expressly in these Terms, the Looking Glass Terms of Service or other additional license terms.
- Limited Warranty and Disclaimer. Looking Glass provides a 1 year Limited Warranty on the Product, in which the warranty period begins when the product is shipped and a shipping confirmation email has been sent to the customer. EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED BY LOOKING GLASS IN THE LOOKING GLASS TERMS OF SERVICE OR LIMITED WARRANTY, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT GUARANTEED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LOOKING GLASS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LOOKING GLASS BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PRE-ORDER OR THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRODUCT, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LOOKING GLASS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL LOOKING GLASS’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES (OTHER THAN AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW) EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform its obligations due to an event beyond the control of such party, including, but not limited to, any Act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of that party’s control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, or which could not have been reasonably foreseen. Any party affected by such event shall inform the other party and use all reasonable endeavors to comply with these Terms.
- Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Whenever these Terms are materially changed, we will notify you by either an email notification or a prominent notice displayed on the Site. You are responsible for keeping your contact information up to date if you wish to receive emailed noticed of these changes. If for any reason our notification fails to reach you, our dispatch of that email will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms represent the entire agreement governing your Pre-Order of the Product, and any prior agreements have no force or effect.
- Severability. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of these Terms to be unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Dispute Resolution. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with Looking Glass and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to your Pre-Order or these Terms, will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify, so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis; and (2) you or Looking Glass may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents).
- IF YOU AGREE TO ARBITRATION WITH LOOKING GLASS, YOU ARE AGREEING IN ADVANCE THAT YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN OR SEEK TO RECOVER MONETARY OR OTHER RELIEF IN ANY LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST LOOKING GLASS ALLEGING CLASS, COLLECTIVE, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIMS ON YOUR BEHALF. INSTEAD, BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU MAY BRING YOUR CLAIMS AGAINST Looking Glass IN AN INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. IF SUCCESSFUL ON SUCH CLAIMS, YOU COULD BE AWARDED MONEY OR OTHER RELIEF BY AN ARBITRATOR. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING WHETHER TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
- Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
- You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Looking Glass. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and the Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND LOOKING GLASS HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and Looking Glass are instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified herein. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER. In the event that this subparagraph is deemed invalid or unenforceable neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration and instead claims and disputes shall be resolved in a court as set forth in herein.
- 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: Looking Glass, 95 Commercial St. Unit E, Mailbox 6, Brooklyn NY 11222, USA or email@example.com, within 30 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, your email address, and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Looking Glass.
- Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we agree that if Looking Glass makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, it will not apply to any individual claim(s) that you had already provided notice of to Looking Glass.
- Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under these Terms to initiate litigation in a court, both you and Looking Glass agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms will be litigated exclusively in the state or federal courts located in New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Consent to Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Looking Glass use electronic means, whether you visit our website or send us emails, or whether we post notices on our website or communicate with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from Looking Glass in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Looking Glass provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
- Contact Information. Looking Glass Factory, Inc. is located at 95 Commercial St. Unit E, Mailbox 6; Brooklyn, NY 11222, USA. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.