Bring 3D scenes and characters to life using the Unity Plugin for your Looking Glass. Requires Looking Glass Bridge.
This is a major refactor that includes many exciting new features, but also may break backwards compatibility! Features in this release:
- URP support (beta) - interactive scenes and renders from the editor, though post-processing and 3D cursor are not yet supported
- Improved Mac build handling - Mac builds now automatically appear on the Looking Glass without additional configuration
- Depthiness slider - a new tool to adjust how "depthy" your hologram is without affecting the scene's framing
- Transform modes - there are now two different modes to control the visualization of the hologram camera, "Volume" and "Camera"
- Hologram emulator - visualize what the hologram will look like without a display connected with this Blocks-style renderer
- Quilt Capture script - capture screenshots and videos from within the editor
- Direct to Blocks upload - upload captured screenshots to Blocks from the Unity editor
- Render stacking - layer 2D renders, quilt renders, and hologram camera renders together to create complex visualizations in the display
- Force display index toggle - turns off our automatic windowing system to help raycast logic work better for dual monitor setups
- Major API refactor, including changes to class names and calibration loading logic - may cause compiler errors when migrating existing projects!
- Unity v2021 or later
- Looking Glass Bridge v2.0.9 or later
- Windows 10 or 11
- Mac (Apple Silicon or Intel)
- Built-in Render Pipeline
- Universal Render Pipeline (though there are known issues with post-processing, deferred rendering, and the 3D cursor)
Note that the Looking Glass Unity Plugin and applications built on top of the Plugin are not open source and is provided under license.
The source code is provided as an example of what’s possible with the Looking Glass.