If you have any questions or concerns at all, you can always email us for clarification at [email protected]
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- We collect information when you visit the Site. We are able to track visitors to our Site and collect information such as the browser type they are using, where they navigate and/or click, the time of their visit, their IP address, how they came to the Site (e.g. from a search engine, including what terms they may have used in their search), their approximate location in the world, certain anonymized behavior data, and so on. Much of this data is collected anonymously. We use this type of information for things like improving the flow of the Site and fixing any mistakes on the Site.
- When you directly provide information to us
Of course, we will have a record of any information you choose to provide to us, for example if you send us an email, apply for a job, purchase a product, add your name to our mailing list, follow us on social media, and so on. In any of these situations we will hold onto this data for our records, and this data may include, for example, your name, email address, shipping information, and any other data you provide, which may be personally identifiable either on its own or in combination with other data.
In the case of social media, note that of course any information you share via social media channels may be accessible to the general public, and anyone may collect and store that data.
If you submit photos to us in any social media context, you thereby grant us permission to use that photo in print or online/electronically for any lawful purposes. Note that if you share information with us on a public social media site, that information may be seen by the general public and any other person or entity might collect and keep that information for their own purposes.
- When you interact with us on social media
- When you email us or otherwise communicate with us directly
Whenever you reach out to us (for example with any questions, ideas, or feedback sent to [email protected] or via other communications directly) we will hold on to your email address so we can respond to you. We may also retain a log of all communications with you indefinitely in order to have a history of our past communications and to better serve you.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
The information collected by Looking Glass is generally used to help us respond to your requests and serve you better. This may include:
- To identify you in our system
- Administering our Site and services
- Providing services to you
- Processing and shipping orders
- Providing customer service
- Running contests and delivering contest prizes
- Improving our products and services
- Contacting you for feedback
- Communicating with you about offers, news, or promotions from us or our partners
- Combining information about you with information about you provided by third parties such as advertising partners to help understanding our users and improve our Site and services
- Investigating and deterring fraud or illegal activity
- Improving the experience of using our Site or services
- Confirming your email or welcoming you to the mailing list
- Sending you email notifications
- Responding to requests or questions
- Improving our marketing materials
- Sending details of promotions for our services or for other reasons related to marketing
In addition to targeted use of the information as described above, we may also anonymize data by removing identifying information and then use that anonymized data for other purposes such as improving our Site, tracking users as they use our Site, gathering information about the demographic groups that use our Site, and in general improving our site. Looking Glass reserves the right to use this anonymized information for these or any other purposes.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We do not rent or sell personally identifiable information to others.
You can write us at [email protected] if you want us to not share your information with any third parties. Otherwise we may share your information with reputable third parties with complementary products or services or who are vendors providing services to us.
Other situations in which we may share your information include:
- Situations in which you give us permission to share your information
- Situations in which we share information with other companies under the same control as Looking Glass, for example subsidiaries or joint ventures
We reserve the right to use and to disclose any information that is anonymized for any purpose.
We may share our mailing list with reputable third parties who sell products or services complementary to our own. To opt out, please send an email to [email protected].
We do share information with our vendors, as described in this policy, for the purposes described in this policy. These vendors are not authorized to use or disclose the information, other than to perform their services for us. For example, as we described above, we share information with MailChimp so that they can operate our mailing list, but they are not authorized to email you directly or share your information with others. The same applies to vendors who operate services for us such as: our forums, our referral program, our job application page, shipping, market research, and payment processing.
While no system for protecting information is perfectly secure, Looking Glass has adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information that we collect on our site. In the event we become aware of a data breach where users’ personally identifiable information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties, we will make reasonable efforts to let any affected individuals know if we think there is a reasonable risk of harm to those users or if otherwise required to do so by law. If you have any questions about our policy or security, you can write us at [email protected]
Looking Glass will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the information it collects about you. However, information stored and transferred on the Internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your information held by Looking Glass and you accept that risk by using this Site.
Our Site is not intended for minors under the age of 13. While we hope that all kids will get a chance to create in Volume, it’s not something they should do without adult supervision, and our website is not directed at persons under 13. Looking Glass will not intentionally collect any information about minors and will endeavor to delete information that is unintentionally collected. If you realize that a minor has provided us with information you may contact us at [email protected] and we will remove it.
PIXEL TAG POLICY
What’s a pixel tag?
Pixel tags are small blocks of code on a webpage or app that allow them to do things like read and place cookies and transmit information to us or our partners. The resulting connection can include information such as a device’s IP address, the time a person viewed the pixel, whether a viewer did a particular activity, an identifier associated with the browser or device and the type of browser being used.
We use pixel tags from Facebook, and the information collected is to help us target our ads more effectively. The Facebook Cookie and Pixel Policy is here.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
The technologies described above are commonly used by third party advertisers such as Facebook to collect information about a user to target ads on their own platform more directly. Looking Glass is not responsible for their use of the information they are able to collect on this Site using these technologies. You may learn more about the way information is collected and what choices you have here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also read the privacy policies of these third party advertisers and advertising services.