Effective date: May 25, 2018. Last Updated: May 23, 2018.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information when you visit the Site. We are able to track visitors to our Site and collect information such as the browser type they are using, where they navigate and/or click, the time of their visit, their IP address, how they came to the Site (e.g. from a search engine, including what terms they may have used in their search), their approximate location in the world, certain anonymized behavior data, and so on. Much of this data is collected anonymously. We use this type of information for things like improving the flow of the Site and fixing any mistakes on the Site.
- When you email us or otherwise communicate with us directly Whenever you reach out to us (for example with any questions, ideas, or feedback sent to email@example.com or via other communications directly) we will hold on to your email address so we can respond to you. We may also retain a log of all communications with you indefinitely in order to have a history of our past communications and to better serve you.
How we use collected information
The information collected by Looking Glass is generally used to help us respond to your requests and serve you better. This may include:
- To identify you in our system
- Administering our Site and services
- Providing services to you
- Processing and shipping orders
- Providing customer service
- Running promotions and contests, and delivering rewards and contest prizes
- Improving our products and services
- Contacting you for feedback
- Communicating with you about offers, news, or promotions from us or our partners
- Combining information about you that we’ve collected with information about you provided by third parties (such as advertising partners) to help understand our users and improve our Site and services
- Investigating and deterring fraud or illegal activity
- Improving the experience of using our Site or services
- Confirming your email or welcoming you to the mailing list
- Sending you email notifications
- Responding to requests or questions
- Improving our marketing materials
- Sending details of promotions for our services or for any other marketing-related purposes
In addition to the targeted use of your information as described above, we may also anonymize your data by removing your personally-identifying information. We then use that anonymized data for the purposes of improving our Site, tracking users as they use our Site, gathering information about the demographic groups that use our Site, and in general improving our Site. Looking Glass also reserves the right to use your anonymized information for any other purposes.
Who we share your information with
We do not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to third parties. You can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want us share your information with any third parties. Otherwise, subject to any exceptions contained herein, we may share your information with reputable third parties with complementary products or services or who are vendors providing services to us. Other situations in which we may share your information include:
- Situations in which you give us permission to share your information
- Situations in which we share information with other companies under the same control as Looking Glass, for example subsidiaries or joint ventures
We reserve the right to use and to disclose any information that is anonymized for any purpose. We may share our mailing list with reputable third parties who sell products or services complementary to our own. To opt out, please send an email to email@example.com. We do share information with our vendors, as described in this policy, for the purposes described in this policy. These vendors are not authorized to use or disclose the information, other than to perform their services for us. For example, as we described above, we share information with MailChimp so that they can operate our mailing list, but they are not authorized to email you directly or share your information with others. The same applies to vendors who operate services for us such as: our forums, our referral programs, our job application page, shipping, market research, and payment processing.
While no system for protecting information is perfectly secure, Looking Glass has adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information that we collect on our Site. In the event we become aware of a data breach where users’ personally identifiable information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties, we will notify any affected individuals within 72 hours of becoming aware of a breach if we think there is a reasonable risk of harm to those users or if otherwise required to do so by law. If you have any questions about our policy or security, you can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU residents (GDPR)
Looking Glass has implemented technical and organizational measures with respect to processing personal information from European Union individuals for purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Upon request, we will provide you with information as to whether and what personal data we store in relation to you. Should your personal data be incorrect, you may request to have it rectified. You may also revoke your consent to use your personal data in the future, in whole or in part, or request deletion of your personal data. Please feel free to direct such requests, or other questions and comments regarding our GDPR compliance to email@example.com.
International visitors outside the EU
Our Site is not intended for minors under the age of 16. While we hope that all kids will get a chance to create with HoloPlayer One, it is not something they should do without adult supervision, and our website is not directed at persons under 16. Looking Glass will not intentionally collect any information about minors and will endeavor to delete information that is unintentionally collected. If you believe that a minor has provided us with information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove it.
Pixel Tag Policy
What’s a pixel tag? Pixel tags are small blocks of code on a webpage or application that allow them to do things like read and place cookies and transmit information to us or our partners. The resulting connection can include information such as a device’s IP address, the time a person viewed the pixel, whether a viewer did a particular activity, an identifier associated with the browser or device and the type of browser being used. We use pixel tags from Facebook, and the information collected is to help us target our ads more effectively. The Facebook Cookie and Pixel Policy is here.
Third party advertisers
Information you provide to third-parties
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.